Friday, August 11, 2006

We're real bad dudes. seriously. stop laughing.

I was at hollywood video last night and came across this casting blunder. Edison Force. In my opinion, the picture says it all.



Put yourself in the board room on this one.

"Alright. We've got an idea for a movie where we need to form an elite special force of street wise cops to save some random city from destruction. now the questoin, who do we cast?"

"LL Cool J. he did well in mind hunters and SWAT, this should be old hat for him."

"I like it. who else?"

"Morgan Freeman."

"Isn't he kinda old?"

"yeah, but we can comb his hair all crazy like and make him the eccentric but knowledgable veteran."

"i guess so. who else?"

"Kevin Spacey."

"What? the guy from American Beauty? isn't he more of the 'artistic crazy introvert' type, or maybe the 'derranged villian that acts normal until he gets pissed and goes nuts and ends up trying to destroy the planet' type?"

"granted. but he's got quite the teeny bopper following. my daughter says he's 'wicked hot'. then again, my daughter just spent $200 on toe cream."

"whatever. ok, so we've got a pretty well known cast, but i think we're lacking in the area of toughness. we really need to pick someone who exemplifies toughness, a mans man, someone who makes you think, "crap, if i look at that dude wrong he'll rip my eyes out, throw them in a bowl of grapes and bet me $10 i can't find them" type. any ideas?"

"Justin Timberlake"

"you're fired."

Thats it. Hollywoods got their finger on the pulse of america.

4 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

If I was in the boardroom, I'da suggested they throw in Angela Lansbury as the criminal mastermind behind it all, who ends up falling for Morgan Freeman, much to the chagrin of Justin Timberlake.
Just a thought...but what do I know. I only majored in dirt.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Alexis said...

Emily wins. If anyone is wicked hot, it's Angela Lansbury. And the whole love triangle thing is perfect, I can sense Timberlake's anguish already.

On another note, the next time someone asks you about your seeping (at least in appearance) leg wound, maybe you should steer clear of the softball explanation. I mean, it's tough sounding and all, but something about the terms "play "soft" and "ball" might diminish the impressiveness of your injuries. Just say you wrestled a cougar or killed a bear in hand to hand combat or something.

6:06 PM  
Blogger Taylor said...

I don't know Alexis. I liked his explanation of getting in a fight on the street because some guy "looked at me funny." When he added the "you should have seen the other guy," he almost sounded macho.

10:11 PM  
Blogger dsm4gsus said...

As soon as I read this blog I went and put that movie on my Queue on netflix, not really but I wanted to...

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home