Thursday, June 08, 2006

Croatia trip. Entry 2

I found the group of people living with Tim and Sara and Croatia to be a pretty well adjusted, fun, and welcoming crowd. For the most part. I was accepted almost immediately into their mini-america, and included in almost everything. I think I even got a ‘good game’ (aka slap on the can) from either pete or john within the first day….I was a real missionary. Unfortunately, my true standing was revealed during the ping-pong tournament where the comment “we can’t let an outsider beat the tigers” or something to that effect was either muttered under the breath by one of the more discreet team members, or bluntly stated to my face by one possessing less tact. I don’t hold grudges. I just gossip. Maliciously. Taylor’s boy crazy. There, I said it.

Anyway, here’s a couple pictures to go through. The manikins in Croatia are great. When most people see this one they either shake their heads in shame for knowing me, or ask, ‘why are you playing dead?’ We observed that the manikin in the window looked shocked and appalled at something on the ground in front of her. We just gave her something to be shocked at.

And these guys are just flat out sweet. The guy on the left graduated from the university of awesome. With honors. You may need to zoom in on his face just to realize how rad he is…he’s obviously looking in some sort of a mirror and thinking to himself, ‘deeeeeeeeeeeaaaaamn!’ The other guy is only allowed to hang w/ the big dog b/c he’s got some sweet facial hair.








So Tim grabbed my camera. I’m pretty sure he didn’t think I’d put this on the internet. Obviously his immaturity is surpassed only by my own.

Check this guy out. The billboard, not me. His picture is everywhere, with his hand jammed prominently down his pants. I wonder what his mother thinks when she sees that. Seriously though, while I am male, and I don’t offer any evidence that I have a great understanding of the female psyche, I am pretty sure chicks don’t dig dudes that walk around like that. Then again, I don’t walk around like that, and am currently single. I have no credibility.

Yes Tim, the fun does start there.













This one’s for the ballerina turned engineer wannabe blog addict Alexis. Since she was a ballerina prevoisly in life, Tim and I thought that she might appreciate it. Even more so if I tried to duplicate it. Anyway, we found this statue in Opatija, which is the touristy town across the bay from Rijeka. So I said to Tim, count to three and take the picture, b/c unlike the more limber readers present, I can’t hold this pose for very long. In fact, if you look closely, its pretty apparent that I’m on my way down. So, Tim counts to three, takes the picture, I fall on my tucus. All of the sudden a small burst of laughter comes from a bunch of old german ladies touring the area at that exact moment. Tim said that a couple of them were acthing the scene out for one another and laughing about it, but I was too busy trying to salvage what was left of my tightly guarded dignity (see first photo). As we passed them later on the trail, one lady acted it out AGAIN either in an effort to remind me that no, I am not a ballerina, or to assist me in realizing how much of a dope I looked like. She accomplished both.

That’s it for now. This is fun, so I should have another set of pictures up soon.

5 Comments:

Blogger Taylor said...

BRIAN! I am not boy crazy!
I have no idea where you got that idea. I mean, really. I would be the last person on the team who you would call boy crazy. Where do you come up with this stuff? *blushes profusely*
And how do you succeed in making me blush from around the world!?

Note on the big-deal singer with his hand in his pants: You're right it is disgusting. I think every girl I have talked to about it is repulsed by it. Nasty. So what do you do? You go and do it too. Way to go, Brian.

3:58 AM  
Blogger Terpstra East said...

So, what's all this Croatia business? Apparently you find the collective strorytelling of the lives of practically complete strangers more captivating than that of your own dearly beloved family. I'm hurt. I'm crushed. I expected to see wild mattress hopping Speedo pictures by now. Obviously I was wrong. I feel like I don't even know who you are anymore... :) Love ya, Bri :)

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I still have a photo of Tim from project where he "found" my camera and proceeded to take a self portrait, just to make sure I knew who wasted that shot. Glad to see I'm not the only victim.

Ciao,
~Sarah May
aka Tigra

8:12 AM  
Blogger Brian said...

Taylor: when in rome Taylor, when in rome.

Cami: you know i'm itching (pun intended) to get pictures of chip up in his speedo. i'll send the link to his drill sergeant.

Tigra: Your website is rad. its good to hear from you again.

6:14 PM  
Blogger Taylor said...

I thought he was Serbian...

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home